Report Shows that Over $430 Million Generated For American Taxpayers Last Year; 109,000 American Jobs Supported
EXIM Bank is a self-sustaining federal agency and operates at no cost to the taxpayers. Over the last two decades, EXIM Bank has generated a surplus of almost $7 billion for U.S. taxpayers.
“The Bank is proud to help level the playing field for American businesses who offer the world’s highest-quality goods and services to global markets,” said Fred P. Hochberg, EXIM chairman and president. “In the months ahead, we will redouble our efforts to ensure U.S. businesses – particularly small businesses – have every tool available to be on equal footing with their foreign competitors to win sales and create more jobs.”
Among the highlights from the 2015 Annual Report:
- EXIM support 109,000 American jobs.
- EXIM supported $17 billion in exports at no cost to American taxpayers.
- EXIM supported more than $3.1 billion of exports from U.S. small businesses.
- Nearly 90% of transactions directly supported U.S. small businesses.
- EXIM Bank had a default rate of 0.235 % as of Sept. 30, 2015
- Remitted $431.6 million to the U.S. Treasury for debt reduction.
Read their full press release at http://www.exim.gov/news/exim-bank-releases-its-fy-2015-annual-report
Contact the Leapfrog team for any exporting /importing questions at 704.372.1078